Saturday, 25 February 2012

garden breakfasts

Sometimes in the early morning when the house is quiet and all those smelly boys are still snoring, I sneak out, make myself a pretty breakfast and, as they say in the movies, 'take it outside'. This morning I had the extra bonus of homemade cumquat jam. None of the Baxter Street Boys, including Himself, like cumquat jam. It is too bitter for their delicate palettes but I love it.
Wherever you may be in the world, dear reader, I hope your weekend begins with birdsong and quiet reflection and, if you like, a generous scraping of your favourite jam. xx
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Jen, you always do things in such style! I too, love cumquat jam, and I know the delights of a solitary cup of tea in the morning before anyone is up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is pretty. Especially since my favourite colour is orange. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful dishes.
    orange marmalade. The bitterer the better. So I bet I'd like kumquat too.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...