Tuesday, 9 April 2013

in my dreams...

I read somewhere recently about fantasy wardrobes. You know, the totally impractical wardrobe you adore but could only ever wear in your dream life. Meryl Streep in Out of Africa just about says it all for me. Even (and especially) the hats ( I look ATROCIOUS in hats, dear reader, honestly it is enough to make me weep). Of course, having Robert Redford as my other accessory would cheer me up no end. 
Do you have a dream wardrobe captured for eternity on celluloid? Room with a View?  Meet Me in St Louis?  Blade Runner? Let me know if you do. I'd love to hear about it. ;-) xx









Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Can I bags The House of Elliot? Or failing that, Margaret's wardrobe in Boardwalk Empire (hats again...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, yes! The House of Elliot! I have always and forever wanted to be, Bea! Boardwalk Empire, I have not seen but I have seen stunning trailers... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My film is definitely: Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton.
    Especially the refined dress that Alice wears during breakfast with the Mad Hatter. I love all Alice's wardrobe!Including the armor during the final battle! (Surely I could use it even today)And then... all she keeps locked in her wardrobe!Instead, if I choose a less "modern" kind of movie: I also love the wardrobe of Miss Potter :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I love Miss Potter, too. I always imagine wearing those long necklaces and flicking them off when I come home in the carriage. I love her friend's clothes too. forget her name. And of course Helena's gear is fab. I saw many Burton costumes here in Melbourne in an exhibition. Divine! x

      Delete
  4. My dream wardrobe is Peggy's from Mad Men (although not a film, obviously). I just can't 'do' dresses though. They just never seem to fit right :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi, Im the only vintage lover on the planet who has never seen an episode of Madmen. I'm a hopeless TV watcher but i do have the series flagged. one day i'll watch the dvds and I know i will swoon. My guess is the wardrobe is similar to Audrey's in Twin Peaks. I LOVED her clothes. Sorry about the dress thing. I do understand. ;-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...