Tuesday, 15 July 2014

don't be scared...

There is a scary doll in Truly Tan:Freaked, dear reader. Are you scared of dolls? Do you suspect they tiptoe down the hall at night while everyone is sleeping — or smirk when your back is turned? Here is the scary doll that Claire Robertson drew for the new story. It freaks me out and this is only the rough. The old photo was part of my inspiration board for the book. I photographed the other doll in a vintage outlet in Geelong (then scurried away before its icy eyes put a spell on me). I love sending Claire bits and pieces like this and waiting to see where she will go with it all... 




Truly Tan:Freaked is due for release in November this year (HarperCollins Publishers). It is the fourth Truly Tan book. I will crow more about it as the publication date draws nearer...
Until tomorrow. Jxx
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely wonderfully creepy doll drawing. Yes, I am sure that dolls come alive at night and roam the halls and elevators. Please, crow away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...