Saturday, 26 July 2014

to town

I had to shop for a 21st present today, dear reader. The gift is for my son's girlfriend who I am completely besotted with so you can imagine the handwringing that went on prior to leaving the house. What to get one so lovely?  I had a vague plan but on the train, clickety-clack, clickety-clack, I had a flash of inspiration. I knew exactly what I could get her and next week I will show you! I can't make it public right now, you understand. In case there's...a leak. Suffice to say I did not have to get the gift in town so spent the entire morning shopping for my Selfish Self. Here's what I bought and here's what I wore. Winter in Melbourne is slowly coming to a close and there was even a chance to go coat-free today. A brief interlude, of course. Himself also insisted on taking a 'shelfie' of me beside my new book, Romy Bright. The shelfie is what all hipster authors are taking nowadays so I thought, why not? (I guess it's not quite a shelfie if someone else takes it though. Or perhaps I am overthinking?)
I apologise for the photos. Yes, they're phone photos and I feel very sheepish indeed. So much for my grand declaration when I re-opened Baxter Street. No more dodgy photos. What can I say? I am well-meaning, dear reader, truly I am. But I am also...disorganised. Gertie is on the charger which is Not Helpful when inspiration strikes.
I hope you are having a beautiful, peaceful weekend wherever you may be. Stay sparkly. Jen xx


To see what other 40/50+ women are wearing please check out Patti's lovely blog: http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com.au/



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn! Lovely to hear from you and thank you for dropping by Baxter Street. xx

      Delete
  2. Well, you look wonderful and as always, I am admiring your bonnie hair! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very creative style, love it! I hope your gifts went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming, as always. Sweet thoughts as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you, lovely Jan. Love the short hair! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...